A simple yet tasty starter or side dish from Puglia.
• 60g celery
• 125g cherry tomatoes
• 50g sweet red onions
• 80g small cucumbers
• 40g extra virgin olive oil
• 100g water
1. Cut the celery in half lengthways, then cut into 50 mm pieces.
2. Cut the onion into strips of the same thickness and set aside.
3. Cut the cherry tomatoes into quarters, then halve each quarter.
4. Halve the cucumbers lengthways, then cut into semicircles around 50 mm each.
5. Pour the water and oil in a large bowl, adding a pinch of salt. Whisk well.
6. Add the vegetables and stir to combine.
7. Place the friselle on a plate and serve the acquasale.