Gnocchi with provolone and chicory
A creamy starter that will melt in your mouth.
• 400g gnocchi
• 200g provolone, diced
• 1 sprig of rosemary
• 2 shallots, sliced
• 1 sprig of thyme
• 200g red Treviso chicory
• 80g smoked provolone, diced
• ½ cup cream
• Extra virgin olive oil
1. Place the provolone in a small saucepan and melt over simmering water, stirring regularly and gradually adding the cream until you have a fondue.
2. Wash the chicory and remove the external leaves, then cut them into fine strips.
3. Heat 3 tbsp of oil in a non-stick pan and sauté the shallots, chicory and rosemary until softened. Remove the rosemary and season with salt and pepper. Stir and remove from heat.
4. Meanwhile, cook the gnocchi in a large saucepan of salted boiling water until they rise to the surface. Drain the gnocchi and place them in the pan with the chicory. Stir gently and add the fondue. Toss the gnocchi in the pan to combine the ingredients. Serve onto plates and garnish with thyme leaves and shavings of smoked provolone. Serve hot.