Pasta with baccalà, mushrooms and olives
A pasta dish full of flavour.
• 350g tagliatelle
• 300g baccalà, desalted and deboned
• 200g mushrooms, sliced
• 15 pitted black olives, sliced
• ½ cup white wine
• 1 onion, chopped
• 1 carrot, diced
• 1 celery stalk, chopped
• 1 garlic clove, crushed
• Zest of 1 lemon, grated
• 2 cloves, crushed
• 30g butter
• 1 sprig of parsley
• Extra virgin olive oil
1. Cut the baccalà into pieces.
2. Heat a drizzle of oil in a large pan and sauté the garlic and onion. Add the carrot and celery and cook over low heat for several minutes.
3. Add the cloves, a pinch of nutmeg and the lemon zest. Continue to cook.
4. Incorporate the mushrooms and baccalà. Cook for several minutes, stirring occasionally.
5. Pour in the wine and a drop of milk and cook until all the liquid evaporates.
6. Add the olives and parsley and stir in the butter. Continue to cook, then season with salt.
7. Meanwhile, cook the pasta in a saucepan of salted boiling water. Drain.
8. Add the pasta to the pan with the sauce. Cook while tossing gently for several minutes, then remove from the heat and serve.