Fill these southern Italian treats with anything you like, from cheese to ham, anchovies or sultanas.
• 1 kg plain flour
• 500g potatoes
• 1 tsp salt
• 2 tsp oil
• Pinch of sugar
• 2 tsp dry yeast
• 3 cups water
• Oil for frying
1. Peel and boil the potatoes, then allow them to cool down before mashing.
2. Add the flour, yeast, water, salt, sugar and olive oil and stir to combine.
3. Set aside to rise for 1 hour.
4. Twist the dough into 10-cm-long pieces and add your favorite filling into the centre of each piece.
5. Fry each piece in oil until golden brown.