Taralli al vino
These are my grandson James’ favourite biscuits. They aren’t too sweet and taste the best with a cup of coffee. They are also very easy and simple to make.
• 1 cup red wine
• 1 cup seed oil (sunflower, peanut etc.)
• 4 cups self-raising flour
• 1 tbsp icing sugar
• Vanilla essence
• Sugar, for decoration
1. Preheat oven to 180°C.
2. In a large bowl, combine all the ingredients into a dough-like consistency.
3. Roll the mixture in lengths and shape into little rings.
4. Dip each ring into a small dish of sugar for a light topping (not too much).
5. Place on a tray and bake for 10 minutes.