The perfect signature steak
Tuscan cuisine is all about simple dishes exceptionally prepared and always with the best seasonal produce.
• 1 kg T-bone steak
• Murray River pink salt flakes
• Extra virgin olive oil
1. Bring the T-bone steak to room temperature, by leaving outside the fridge for one hour before cooking.
2. Ensure the grill is hot by heating for 10 minutes on high heat. Lightly season both sides of the steak with pink salt flakes.
3. Start to cook the steak from the bone side, holding it vertically without the flesh touching the grill for approximately 3 to 5 minutes.
4. Cook the steak on one side for approximately 5 minutes, ensuring you char it criss-cross until caramelised.
5. Repeat Step 4 on the other side of the steak.
6. Rest the meat for approximately 10 to 15 minutes – off the grill, on a plate.
8. Re-heat steak for approximately 30 seconds each side. Depending on the ageing and maturity of the steak, it should be served at around 50°C for medium rare in the centre of the steak.
9. Carve the steak into 1-centimetre slices. Serve with a drizzle of extra virgin olive oil and pink salt flakes.