This tasty cake is a specialty from the southern region of Campania.
• 150g Arborio rice
• 450 ml full cream milk
• 450g ricotta
• 4 eggs
• 125g sugar
• 25 ml limoncello/sambuca
• Rind and juice of 1 lemon
• ½ tsp cinnamon
• ½ tsp baking powder
• Pinch of salt
• Icing sugar, for dusting
1. Preheat oven to 180°C.
2. Line a 22cm round baking tray with baking paper.
3. Cook the rice in water and set aside to cool.
4. Place the ricotta in a large bowl and mash with a fork.
5. Add the rice, sugar, lemon rind, lemon juice, eggs, milk, liqueur, baking powder, cinnamon and salt. Stir to combine.
6. Pour the mixture into the baking tray.
7. Bake for around 45 minutes.
8. Set aside to cool completely.
9. Dust with icing sugar.