Tuna with green polenta
This dish is refined and tasty, perfect for entertaining.
• 500 ml vegetable stock
• 125g pre-cooked polenta
• 2 tbsp Parmigiano Reggiano, grated
• Fresh herbs (basil, thyme, parsley), chopped
• Sea salt
• Ground nutmeg
• Extra virgin olive oil
• 8 spring onions, cut into thirds
• 2 red peppers, peeled and sliced
• 50g sun-dried tomatoes, chopped
• 12 capers
• Tuna fillet
• Chilli sprouts
1. In a large saucepan, bring the stock to the boil and add the polenta. Cook for around 5 minutes over low heat, stirring occasionally. As soon as the polenta begins to detach from the bottom of the saucepan, remove from heat. Add the Parmigiano Reggiano and herbs and season with salt and nutmeg. Spread the polenta onto a baking tray greased with oil (it should be 1.5 cm thick). Set aside to cool.
2. Heat 2 tbsp of oil in a large pan and sauté the spring onions and red peppers over medium heat for 5 minutes. Season with salt. Add the tomatoes and capers.
3. Rinse the tuna fillet, pat dry with paper town and cut into 4 pieces. Heat 1 tbsp of oil in a non-stick pan and cook the tuna over high heat until browned (around 1 minute on each side).
4. Slice the tuna pieces and serve alongside the vegetables. Season with chilli sprouts and sea salt.
5. Cut the polenta into discs with a round mould and grill. Serve with the tuna and vegetables.