The data controller of your personal information is S.E.I. (Vic) Pty Ltd. Please note that if you contact us to assist you, for your safety and ours we may need to authenticate your identity before fulfilling your request.
Collection of Information
We receive and store information about you such as:
- Information you provide to us: We collect information you provide to us which includes:
- your name, email address, payment method(s), telephone number, and other identifiers you might use (such as username). We collect this information in a number of ways, including when you enter it while using our service, interact with our customer service, or participate in surveys or marketing promotions;
- information when you choose to provide ratings, taste preferences, account settings (including preferences set in the "Account" section of our website), or otherwise provide information to us through our service or elsewhere.
- Information we collect automatically: We collect information about you and your use of our service, your interactions with us and our advertising, as well as information regarding your network, network devices, and your computer or other Il Globo TV capable devices you might use to access our service (such as smart TVs, mobile devices, set top boxes, and other streaming media devices). This information includes:
- your activity on the Il Globo TV service, such as title selections, shows you have watched, ads viewed (if applicable), search queries;
- your interactions with our emails and texts;
- details of your interactions with our customer service, such as the date, time and reason for contacting us, and if you call us, your phone number and call recordings;
- device IDs or other unique identifiers, including for your network devices (such as your router), and devices that are Il Globo TV capable on your network;
- resettable device identifiers (also known as advertising identifiers), such as those on mobile devices, tablets, and streaming media devices that include such identifiers (see the "Cookies and Internet Advertising" section below for more information);
- device and software characteristics (such as type and configuration), connection information including type (wifi, cellular), statistics on page views, referring source (for example, referral URLs), IP address (which can be used to tell us your general location, such as your city, state/province, and postal code), browser and standard web server log information;
- security service providers that provide us with information to secure our systems, prevent fraud and help us protect the security of Il Globo TV accounts;
- payment service providers that provide us with payment or balance information, or updates to that information, based on their relationship with you;
- advertisers that run ad campaigns on Il Globo TV (“Advertisers”) that might provide us with: identifiers (for example, cookies or resettable identifiers); and information about your interests, including demographic information and your activities online (such as websites visited, apps used and ads viewed);
- service providers that facilitate the sale, operations, and management of ads, (“Ad Service Providers”)
- ad measurement companies that support Il Globo TV and Advertisers in understanding the effectiveness of ad campaigns run on Il Globo TV (“Ad Measurement Companies”);
- online and offline data providers, from which we obtain aggregated demographic, interest based and online advertising related data.
Use of Information
We use information to provide, analyze, administer, enhance and personalize our services and marketing efforts, to provide, analyze, administer, enhance and select ads in connection with our ad supported subscription plans, to process your registration, your orders and your payments, and to communicate with you on these and other topics. For example, we use such information to:
- provide you with customized and personalized viewing recommendations for movies, TV shows, and games we think will be of interest to you (collectively “content”);
- determine your general geographic location (such as your city, state/province, and postal code);
- provide localized content;
- determine your ISP to support network troubleshooting for you (we also use aggregated ISP information for operational and business purposes);'
- help us quickly and efficiently respond to inquiries and requests;
- coordinate with Partners on making the Il Globo TV service available to members and providing information to non members about the availability of the Il Globo TV service, based on the specific relationship you have with the Partner;
- secure our systems, prevent fraud and help us protect the security of Il Globo TV accounts;
- analyze and understand our audience, improve our service (including our user interface experiences and service performance) and optimize content or ad selection, recommendation algorithms and delivery;
Disclosure of Information
We disclose your information for certain purposes and to third parties, as described below:
- Service Providers: We use other companies, agents or contractors ("Service Providers") to perform services on our behalf or to assist us with the provision of services to you. For example, we engage Service Providers to provide marketing, advertising, communications, security, infrastructure and IT services, to customize, personalize and optimize our service, to provide bank account or balance information, to process credit card transactions or other payment methods, to provide customer service, to analyze and enhance information (including information about users' interactions with our service), and to process and administer consumer surveys. We engage Ad Service Providers in the context of our ad supported subscription plans. In the course of providing such services, these Service Providers may have access to your personal or other information. We do not authorize them to use or disclose your personal information except in connection with providing their services (which includes maintaining and improving their services).
- Advertisers/Ad Measurement Companies: We may share information collected from or about you with Advertisers and/or Ad Measurement Companies to select advertisements, and measure and improve advertising effectiveness. As a reminder, please see the Information from Other Sources section above if you have questions regarding the role of Advertisers or Ad Measurement Companies.
- Promotional offers: We may offer joint promotions or programs that, in order for your participation, will require us to share your information with third parties. In fulfilling these types of promotions, we may share your name and other information in connection with fulfilling the incentive. Please note that these third parties are responsible for their own privacy practices.
Access to Account and Profiles
- “Remember me” function: For ease of access to your account, you can use the "Remember me on this device" function when you log in to the website. This function uses technology that enables us to provide direct account access and to help administer the Il Globo TV service without requiring reentry of any password or other user identification when your browser revisits the service.
- Giving others access to your account: If you share or otherwise allow others to have access to your account, they will be able to see shows you have watched, ratings, account information (including your email address or other information in the "Account" area of our website). This remains true even if you use our profiles feature. You might have the option to use seamless account login through the Il Globo TV mobile app, which enables login to the Il Globo TV app on smart TVs, set top boxes, and other streaming media devices on the network to which you are connected. If you use that feature, those devices will remain signed into your account unless you later log out of those devices.
- Profiles: Profiles allow users to have a distinct, personalized Il Globo TV experience, built around the movies and shows of interest to them, as well as separate watch histories. Please note that profiles are available to everyone who uses your Il Globo TV account, so that anyone with access to your Il Globo TV account can navigate to and use, edit or delete profiles. You should explain this to others with access to your account, and if you do not wish them to use or change your profile, be sure to let them know. Profile users may be offered the opportunity to add an email address, phone number or other information to the profile and will be provided with notice of collection and use at the time such information is requested (the Profile Privacy Notice applies (https://tv.ilglobo.com/page/12/privacy-policy/ )).
Email and Text Messages. If you no longer want to receive certain communications from us via email or text message, simply click the "unsubscribe" link in the email or reply STOP (or as otherwise instructed) to the text message. Please note that you cannot unsubscribe from service-related correspondence from us, such as messages relating to your account transactions.
Behavioral Advertising. Behavioral advertisements are those that are selected based on your use and/or interactions with various unaffiliated third party apps or websites across the Internet (behavioral advertising). Il Globo TV can advertise its services using behavioral advertising, and if you are using a browser, then certain cookies and web beacons can be used to collect information to help determine your likely interests. If you are using a mobile device, tablet, or streaming media device that includes a resettable device identifier, then that identifier can be used to help determine your likely interests. For your choices about behavioral ads from Il Globo TV, please see the "Cookies and Internet Advertising" section (below).
Il Globo TV Ad Supported Subscription Plan. If you subscribe to an ad supported subscription plan, we can present you with advertisements.
Cookies and Internet Advertising
Cookies and similar technologies, web beacons, and resettable device identifier
Cookies are small data files that are commonly stored on your device when you browse and use websites and online services. We use other technologies such as browser storage and plugins (e.g., HTML5, IndexedDB, and WebSQL). Like cookies, these other technologies may store small amounts of data on your device. Web beacons (also known as clear gifs or pixel tags) often work in conjunction with cookies. In many cases, declining cookies will impair the effectiveness of web beacons associated with those cookies.
If you use the Il Globo TV app on a mobile device, tablet, or streaming media device, we may collect a resettable device identifier from your device. Resettable device identifiers (also known as advertising identifiers) are similar to cookies and are found on many mobile devices and tablets (for example, the "Identifier for Advertisers" (or IDFA) on Apple iOS devices and the "Google Advertising ID" on Android devices), and certain streaming media devices. Like cookies, resettable device identifiers are used to make online advertising more relevant and for analytics and optimization purposes.
Why does Il Globo TV use these technologies?
We use these types of technologies for various reasons, like making it easy to access our services by remembering you when you return; to provide, analyze, understand and enhance the use of our services; to enforce our terms, prevent fraud; to improve site performance, monitor visitor traffic and actions on our site; and to deliver and tailor our marketing or advertising, and to understand interactions with our emails, marketing, and online ads on third party sites. We may also use these technologies to support the operation of our ad supported subscription plans.
- Performance and functionality cookies: These cookies help us to customize and enhance your online experience with Il Globo TV. For example, they help us to remember your preferences and prevent you from needing to re-enter information you previously provided (for example, during member sign up). We also use these cookies to collect information (such as popular pages, conversion rates, viewing patterns, click-through and other information) about our visitors' use of the Il Globo TV service so that we can enhance and personalize our website and service and conduct market research. Deletion of these types of cookies may result in limited functionality of our service.
- Advertising cookies and resettable device identifiers: These cookies and resettable device identifiers use information about your use of this and other websites and apps, your response to ads and emails, and to deliver ads that are more relevant to you and for analytics and optimization purposes.
When we advertise our services on other websites or apps, some of the websites and apps where we advertise, as well as advertising technology companies that we use to purchase, deliver, optimize, and/or measure our advertisements (collectively “Advertising Partners”), may receive information from us as part of our campaign targeting, measurement, and optimization (e.g., steps completed in sign-up and site visit or app open/install information). Common uses of this type of information are to judge the effectiveness of and optimize ad campaigns, by allowing Advertising Partners to see when someone who saw an ad later signed up for our service. Another common use is to make sure we do not serve ads trying to get individuals to sign up for the Il Globo TV service if they are already a Il Globo TV user. We do not share information about title selections or your shows you have watched on our service.
In connection with our ad supported subscription plans, Il Globo TV, our Ad Service Providers, and Ad Measurement Companies can use these technologies to operate and support our ad supported subscription plans, including supporting an Advertiser’s ad campaigns, measurement, and optimization of the same.
How can I exercise choice regarding these technologies?
- To exercise choice regarding cookies
For more information about cookies set through our website, as well as other types of online tracking (including the collection of information by third parties about your online activities over time and across third-party web sites or online services for online behavioral advertising), and to exercise choices regarding them, click here. At this time, we do not respond to web browser "do not track" signals. Exercising choice over cookies is specific to that web browser or device.
- To exercise choice regarding resettable device identifiers
To opt out of behavioral ads from Il Globo TV in connection with a resettable device identifier on a mobile device, tablet, or streaming media devices, please configure the appropriate setting on your device (usually found under "privacy" or "ads" in your device's settings). You may still see Il Globo TV ads on your device, but they will not be selected based on your likely interests. Exercising choice over a resettable identifier is specific to that device.
- To exercise choice regarding other technologies
There are a number of ways to exercise choice regarding technologies that are similar to cookies, such as browser storage and plugins (e.g., HTML5, IndexedDB, and WebSQL). For example, many popular browsers provide the ability to clear browser storage, commonly in the settings or preferences area; see your browser's help function or support area to learn more. Other technologies, such as Silverlight storage, may be cleared from within the application.
Your Information and Rights
You can request access to your personal information, or correct or update out-of-date or inaccurate personal information we hold about you. You may also request that we delete personal information that we hold about you.
When you visit the "Account" portion of our website, where you have the ability to access and update a broad range of information about your account, including your contact information, your Il Globo TV payment information, and various related information about your account (such as the content you have viewed and rated). You must be signed in to access the "Account" section.
We may reject requests that are unreasonable or not required by law, including those that would be extremely impractical, could require disproportionate technical effort, or could expose us to operational risks such as enabling fraud.
We use reasonable administrative, logical, physical and managerial measures to safeguard your personal information against loss, theft and unauthorized access, use and modification. These measures are designed to provide a level of security appropriate to the risks of processing your personal information.
Other Websites, Platforms and Applications
You must be at least 18 years of age or older to subscribe to the Il Globo TV service. Minors may only use the service with the involvement, supervision, and approval of a parent or legal guardian.
Last Updated: November 8, 2022