Frittelle di ricotta abruzzesi
A delicious sweet with a cheesy twist.
Frittelle di ricotta abruzzesi.
• ½ cup self-raising flour
• 1 tsp baking powder
• 2 tbsp icing sugar
• Pinch of salt
• 2 eggs, beaten
• ¼ cup milk
• 200g fresh ricotta
• 3 tbsp grated orange zest
• 1 ½ tsp grated lemon zest
• 1 ½ tsp vanilla extract
• ¼ cup sugar
• 2 tbsp honey
• Vegetable oil, for frying
1. In a medium bowl, sift the flour, baking powder, icing sugar and salt.
2. Add the orange and lemon zest, vanilla extract, eggs, milk and ricotta. Stir and set aside for 10 minutes.
3. In a deep pan, heat the oil to 170°C.
4. Take a spoonful of the mixture and drop it in the oil. Repeat until the mixture is used up (do several batches if needed). Cook the frittelle, turning occasionally, until they are puffy and golden brown.
5. Transfer the frittelle onto paper towel.
6. Place the sugar in a large bowl and then toss the frittelle around to coat them.
7. Drizzle with honey and serve.