Porchetta and truffle cheese frittata
Porchetta is close to my heart, as it’s the signature dish from the Italian region of Abruzzo, where I come from. In this dish, I add truffled caciotta and eggs to make a fluffy, flavouresome frittata. It’s a fantastic way to use up your leftover meat and make a new dish out of it!
• Extra virgin olive oil
• 150g rindless roast pork, cut into strips
• 6 large eggs
• 150g That’s Amore truffle caciotta, shaved
• 1 knob of butter
1. Preheat the oven to 180ºC.
2. Heat some olive oil in a large ovenproof frying pan over medium heat. Add the pork and cook for 5 minutes or until meat starts to turn golden. Transfer to a paper towel, season to taste and set aside.
3. Place the eggs in a bowl and whisk. Add the shaved cheese and the pork, season and stir.
4. Melt the butter with a splash of oil in the ovenproof pan over medium heat, then add the egg mixture and fry until the eggs start to cook.
5. Reduce the heat to low and cook for 2 minutes.
6. Transfer the pan to the oven for 15 minutes, or until cooked through.