Gluten-free pancetta and cheese muffins
These muffins are delicious and easy to make! Store them in an airtight container in the fridge.
• 1 tsp olive oil (or oil spray)
• 200g gluten-free pancetta, chopped finely
• 4 spring onions, thinly sliced
• 1 ¼ cups gluten-free self-raising flour
• 1/3 cup polenta
• ¾ cup tasty cheese, grated
• 2/3 cup milk
• 2 eggs
• 60g butter, melted
• Pinch of salt & pepper
1. Preheat oven to 220°C (180°C fan-forced). Add paper cases to a 12-hole muffin tray.
2. Heat the oil in a frying pan and cook the pancetta, stirring for 2-3 minutes or until lightly browned. Add the onions, stirring until soft. Set aside to cool.
3. In a medium bowl, sift the flour, and add the polenta with a pinch of salt and pepper. Add half of the cheese. Combine the milk and eggs and stir into the flour with the melted butter and pancetta.
4. Spoon the mixture evenly amongst the paper cases and sprinkle the remaining cheese on top.
5. Bake for about 20 minutes. Cool in the tray then turn onto a wire rack to completely cool.