Sausage and rapini muffins
A savoury muffin is the perfect lunchbox addition or afternoon snack. Full of flavour, these muffins won’t last long in the pantry.
• 3 bunches of rapini or broccoli rabe
• 3 pork sausages
• 1 garlic clove
• 1 hot chilli
• White wine, as needed
• 250g flour
• 50g grated parmesan
• 200 ml milk
• 2 eggs
• 50 ml olive oil
• 1 tsp salt
• 1 sachet dry yeast
1. Preheat oven to 180°C.
2. Lightly grease two 8 x muffin trays.
3. Remove the lower stems and tough leaves of the rapini. Rinse well.
4. In a large pan, sauté garlic in oil until golden. Add chilli, followed by the greens. Season with salt and cook for 15 minutes with lid on.
5. Cut rapini into smaller pieces.
6. In the meantime, cook sausages in a lightly greased pan. When almost cooked add some wine and allow to evaporate.
7. Remove the sausage skin and crumble sausage meat. Add crumbled meat to rapini.
8. For the muffins, combine flour, parmesan and dried yeast.
9. In a separate bowl lightly beat the eggs with the milk, oil and salt.
10. Combine the liquids with the flour mixture and stir thoroughly.
11. Add sausage and rapini to mixture.
12. Spoon mixture evenly to fill 2/3 of each muffin tray.
13. Bake in preheated oven at 180°C for approximately 15 minutes.