Rotolo di carne
This meat dish is full of flavour!
Rotolo di carne.
• 500g beef mince
• 2 eggs
• 50g Parmigiano Reggiano
• 1 tbsp flour
• 1 tbsp basil pesto
For the filling:
• 1 hardboiled egg, sliced
• 100g provolone or pecorino cheese, sliced
• 1 carrot, shaved
• 3 sprigs of parsley
• 8 pieces of bacon
• 2 chicken breasts, cut into steaks
1. Preheat oven to 180°C.
2. In a large bowl, combine the beef mince with the other listed ingredients and stir well.
3. Spread the meat mixture across a 27cm x 33 cm sheet of baking paper.
4. Lay the boiled egg, carrot, cheese slices, parsley and 3 pieces of the bacon over the mixture.
5. Roll the paper up to create a “log” with the mixture.
6. Wrap the log with the pieces of chicken and then the remaining pieces of bacon.
7. Tie the log with string. Wrap it in baking paper and 2 layers of aluminium foil.
8. Place the log on the grate of an oven dish and pour 2 cups of water into the dish.
9. Roast for 30 minutes. Remove the foil and baking paper and roast for a further 10 minutes.