Bucatini alla Caruso
For this recipe you only need simple ingredients but the result is wonderfully appealing.
• 300g bucatini pasta
• Fresh or tinned San Marzano tomatoes, chopped
• 1 red or yellow capsicum, roughly diced
• 1 zucchini
• 2 garlic cloves, quartered
• 1 dry red chilli
• Extra virgin olive oil
1. In a pan, sauté the garlic cloves in oil. When they start to brown, discard them and add the capsicum and tomatoes to the pan.
2. Turn up the heat and sprinkle in some oregano, the crushed chilli and a generous amount of basil.
3. In the meantime, slice the zucchini into rounds. Coat the slices in flour and fry them separately.
4. Cook the pasta until al dente in a large pot of boiling salted water. Drain, and combine with the sauce, fried zucchini and a handful of chopped parsley.