Pasta cacio e pepe
A classic Roman pasta dish using three simple ingredients: pasta, cheese and pepper. The key is using the starchy pasta water in the sauce to make it stick.
• 600g spaghettini
• 2 tsp ground black pepper
• 300g Pecorino Romano, grated
1. In a large bowl, combine the cheese and pepper.
2. Cook the pasta in salted boiling water and drain, reserving some of the liquid.
3. Place the pasta in the bowl and add a ladle of the reserved liquid.
4. Stir quickly so that the cheese melts in the liquid. Add more liquid if needed.
5. Serve immediately on a warm plate, topped with a pinch of pepper.