These delicious bite-sized balls of rice are great for dinner parties or family gatherings.
• 1 kg rice
• 1 egg
• 3 cubes stock
• 500g veal mince
• 500g pork mince
• Carrot, chopped
• Onion, chopped
• Celery, chopped
• Tomato passata
• 1 cup white wine
• 2 eggs, beaten
• Grated cheese
• Oil, for frying
1. Heat some oil in a large pan and sauté the meat, carrot, onion and celery.
2. Add the wine and cook until it is absorbed.
3. Add some tomato passata and water and cook for 90 minutes, adding the peas 10 minutes before you finish cooking. Set aside to cool.
4. Dissolve the stock in boiling water and cook the rice in the stock. Set aside in a bowl to cool, then add 1 egg and the cheese.
5. To make the arancini, add the ragù and mozzarella to the rice and take spoonfuls of the mixture to create small balls.
6. Coat each ball in the egg and then dust in breadcrumbs.
7. In batches, fry the arancini in a deep pan of hot oil. Drain on paper towel.
8. Serve hot or at room temperature.