Pumpkin and asparagus risotto with goat’s cheese mousse
A tasty vegetarian risotto with an elegant twist.
• 1 bunch asparagus, sliced
• 150g pumpkin, peeled and diced
• 1/2 onion, chopped
• 4 soup spoons olive oil
• 350g carnaroli rice
• 1/2 cup white wine
• 300 ml vegetable stock
• 50g butter
• 100g parmesan cheese
• 150g goat’s cheese
• Lightly whipped cream
1. Make the goat’s cheese mousse, mixing the goat’s cheese with the lightly whipped cream and a pinch of salt. Refrigerate for 1 hour.
2. Heat the olive oil in a large saucepan. Sauté the onion until softened.
3. Add the rice. Cook for 4-5 minutes, then add the pumpkin and asparagus.
4. Add the white wine and stir until evaporated.
5. Add the stock a little at a time until the rice is cooked (around 18 minutes).
6. Add the butter and parmesan. Continue stirring until the risotto is creamy and soft.
7. Serve on plates and garnish with a quenelle of the goat’s cheese mousse.