Risotto al Barolo
An aromatic dish which is perfect on cold winter days.
• 320g Carnaroli rice
• 50g butter
• 1 spring onion, chopped
• 350 ml Barolo wine
• 600 ml stock
1. Heat half of the butter in a large pan and cook the spring onion until browned.
2. Add the rice and toast for several minutes.
3. Add the wine and allow to evaporate over high heat.
4. Add a ladle of boiling stock at a time, stirring, until the rice is cooked.
5. Season with salt and add the remaining butter and parmesan. Stir to combine.
6. Serve with a sprinkle of grated cheese and some marjoram leaves.