Sformato di riso e melanzane
A delicious and hearty meal that will leave you satisfied.
• 2 eggplants, diced
• 1 onion, finely chopped
• 200g pork mince
• 700g tomato pulp
• 500g Arborio rice
• 200g mozzarella or bocconcini
• 2 eggs, beaten
• 50g breadcrumbs
• 50g grated parmesan (plus extra for topping)
• 2 garlic cloves
• Extra virgin olive oil
• White wine
• Chicken or beef stock
• Salt and pepper
1. Preheat oven to 220°C. Grease a Bundt pan with butter and coat with breadcrumbs.
2. Heat oil and butter in a pan and sauté the onion. Add the mince and cook for 10 minutes.
3. Add some white wine and cook until it evaporates. Add 500g of the tomato pulp and the rice and cook like a risotto, adding the stock one ladle at a time until the rice is al dente.
4. Remove from heat and add a knob of butter, the eggs and parmesan. Set aside to cool.
5. Pour half of the rice mixture into the Bundt pan. Top with mozzarella/bocconcini and cover with the rest of the rice.
6. Sprinkle some breadcrumbs and parmesan on top and drizzle with oil.
7. Bake for around 20 minutes.
8. Meanwhile, fry the garlic in a pan with oil for 1 minute. Add the eggplant and fry until browned.
9. Add the rest of the tomato pulp and season with salt and pepper.
10. Remove the sformato from the Bundt pan and fill the centre with the eggplant mixture.