Tomato and olive focaccia
The focaccia is one of Italy’s original “fast foods” and is full of goodness.
• 1 kg flour
• 4 medium potatoes
• 25g fresh yeast
• 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
• 12 black olives
• 200g cherry tomatoes
• 1 garlic clove, crushed
• 1 red onion, chopped
1. Boil the potatoes in a large saucepan of water. Drain and mash.
2. Sift the flour into a bowl. Add the potatoes, half the oil, the salt and yeast. Add lukewarm water and knead the mixture to obtain a soft dough.
3. Grease a baking tray with oil, place the dough on the tray and let it rise for about half an hour.
4. Preheat oven to 200°C.
5. Top the dough with the cherry tomatoes, olives, garlic, onion, a pinch of salt, a pinch of oregano and the remaining oil.
6. Bake for about 40 minutes.